Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blogger 6

As the midterms for all classes are approaching soon, Converse 101 has helped me by teaching me sum of the ways I can better prepare myself for the exams. So far as a student I have been able to gain other tips from classes mates on there study skills, such as different way into take notes. while taking notes on one side of the page, write questions on the other side with I can use as a study guide. I have learned I am a very visual and oral learner,I have color cornated my notes, made flash cards, and I will use the 5 days study, to prepare myself for the IDC Midterm.
Coloring my notes helps break the amount of information I read at one time, and also helps retaining the information by being all different colors it helps to visually see it again. Instead of being all black or gray the colors help to spark my memory.
I have also made flash cards for each book we have read with characters and key points. On one side I have written information about the character or certain events and on the other I have drawn a picture. I have made this into a game almost as its not just reading the information and flipping it over to read more. Its like a memory game because being able to visual see a picture ables me to learn and contain what I have just read.
While making sure I have plenty of time to prepare for the exam, rereading the actually material, notes, handouts play a very important role in learning the information. As a keep doing these over and over each time I may pick up on something different a skimmed over the time before. While allowing to have plenty of time to study also listening to over people study or just discuss what we had gone over is another way i retain information and just talking about it among friends is fun but also a easy way in study. I have tried many different ways and have fun these to be the most productive for me. While also having these type strategies making sure I am in a good learning enviorment is also a major factor. Eating right and getting enough sleep also play a huge role in my studying because if i am not awake, there is no need to force my self into staying up late and not understanding, or remembering the material.
Other factors I have learned are making sure when I begin in a class pick a seat that will allow me to see and participate in the class. When choosing that seat I have learned by staying in that seat all semester that will be my comfort zone allowing me to remember things about a certain day when the professor was giving a lecture. Surrounding myself with people i will not distract myself by has always been a problem for me as i want to be around friends. Knowing that class is not the right time to be social with others and is a time for learning and sticking to the books may be a struggle for many. By not distracting yourself also helps others by not being drawn in and getting distracted to. There are many strategies I have learned from Converse 101 but these are just a few that I have applied to many other classes, which i have succeeded in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home